Sunscreen is an important part to any skincare or makeup routine, if you aren't wearing a sunscreen you are aging your skin unnecessarily; UV rays break down collagen in the skin causing wrinkles to appear prematurely.
We know a lot of people don't wear sunscreen daily maybe you think it will make you look greasy, or smell like a coconut all day long, but that doesn't have to be the case. Wake Up and Glow contains pomegranate oil which oldest natural Ultra Violet protector and when mixed with a traditional mineral sunscreen it increases its effectiveness by 20%.
Here are 5 Facts about sun protection that you might not be aware of:
1. UV damages your skin everyday! Be aware that sun exposure, even while driving in your car can cause skin damage.
2. Even in complete overcast skies, 32% of UV gets through
3. UV is dangerous at all times of the year- In the winter wear a 15- 20 SPF and in the summer a 30-35 SPF
4. UV-B rays are responsible for sunburns, while UV-A rays are responsible for skin aging and cancers
5. You only need 10 minutes of sun exposure to get your needed vitamin D intake.
If your skin is already facing sun damage, don't worry there is a way to help reverse the visible signs of damage! Check out our Glow Room, we offer many products to help with sun damaged skin.